our marathon day

6:00 – 7:45 AM: Wake up, shower, breakfast, worked on some blog entries
7:45 – 8:45 AM: Leave Lingarajpuram and drive to the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB), located south of JP Nagar.
8:45 – 9:30 AM: Quick email session at the IIMB library before getting ourselves lost on the way back to the N. S. Raghavan Centre of Entrepreneurial Learning (NSRCEL)
9:30 – 11:30 AM: Meeting with three IIMB professors affiliated with NSRCEL
11:30 AM – 12:50 PM: Driving to the EnAble India office in Koramangala
12:50 – 2:15 PM: Meeting with EnAble India and the Centre for Social Initiative and Management (CSIM)-Bangalore’s Governing Council
2:15 – 2:25 PM: Drive to lunch in Koramangala
2:25 – 3:30 PM: Lunch meeting with CSIM-Bangalore’s Governing Council
3:30 – 4:30 PM: Drive to SELCO India in JP Nagar 6th Phase, but along the way we get very lost and rerouted because of construction and called three times to get directions.
4:30 – 6:00 PM: Meeting with SELCO India
6:00 – 6:30 PM: Drive to the Forum Mall in Koramangala
6:30 – 8:15 PM: Dinner at the mall, recharge with caffeine at Café Coffee Day
8:15 – 10:15 PM: (2nd) Dinner meeting with Experiential Travels
10:15 – 11:00 PM: Autorickshaw ride home to Lingarajpuram

Each day builds on the previous day in a way that almost becomes a little creepy because EVERYONE in this non-profit space seems to know each other. But that only goes to show that we are laying the foundation for GSE in the right place.

This entry was posted in Assessment Trip (2009), by Marianne Sierocinski. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to our marathon day

1. msierocinski11 says:

Haha, I am so tired that I read “union” as “reuinion.”
    Looks like we’re both working the same kinds of days. Professor Moledina is actually taking the IIT-Madras meeting on his own today… I completely ran out of energy. (my next post will make it more clear why!)
    😀 I miss you! I’m glad you liked the post. Our crazy work hours during the school year definitely prepared me for this marathon.

Right now I need to write before I experience some kind of internal combustion triggered by culture shock.

This has been the longest week of my life. It feels like a month at least.

2. laura says:

we totally need a GSE workers’ union.

working with laborers and fighting for laborers’ rights has become a huge irony for me, seeing as its nearly 10 pm and i’m still at work.

anyways, when we get back in the fall, we should do some negotiating. higher wages! better housing! fewer hours! si se puede!

(just kidding, everyone knows we wouldn’t want it any other way. thanks for the shout out in the latest blog post.)

3. msierocinski11 says:

No problem! It’s been really hard to work on it so far because we have a particularly slow internet connection here in Bangalore. That and the fact that we’ve really barely had time to process anything; once we’re done with one thing it’s off to the next. And the next.

I also have been more immediately processing my culture shock by writing about it, so that’s why you’ve seen more of that so far 🙂 but more specific updates about the organizations will be up tomorrow, hopefully. I told Professor Moledina that I am going on strike tomorrow (from meetings, at least) after we return from our appointment at IIT-Madras.

4. laura says:

wow! i was off the internet for 2 days and there were an explosion of posts 🙂 i’m glad everything is going spectacularly. I’d love to hear more about the organization’s responses to GSE!

laura